New today from the Century:
- John Buchanan on what he's learned from female ministry colleagues (subscribers only)
- Shawnthea Monroe's lectionary column for July 31 (subscribers only)
- John Dart recalls covering Rupert Murdoch's papal knighting
- I highlight Rais Bhuiyan's efforts to save Mark Stroman's life
Links from elsewhere:
- Obama supports repeal of Defense of Marriage Act
- Will Braun talks to Shane Claiborne about being part of the Murdoch media empire
- Food stamps: feed hungry people; stimulate the economy. The only downside is that our political climate prioritizes neither.
- An oral history of Friday Night Lights, which ended (again) last week
- The power of Facebook: with one (mis)stroke, a bunch of UCC churches are opposed to musical instruments in worship.