New today from the Century:
- John Buchanan on preaching for a decision: "Proclaiming good news ought to in some way lead to a response. Otherwise it can be an exercise in cheap grace."
- To lectionary or not to lectionary: "In my newest church, I was told that past ministers have
used the lectionary but the preference would be not to be glued to it,
and so for the first time in my ministry I have gone "off lectionary." I
have to say it is completely refreshing and reinvigorating."
- The Devil's Double briefly reviewed: "Somewhere in this vat of depravity is a movie screaming to get out."
- The wealthy are not self-made.
In the news:
- New Jersey leads U.S. in till death do us part
- Report says trends for U.S. churches mostly pointing down
Links from elsewhere: