New today from the Century:
- Kari Reiquam on growing into a relationship with the rural congregation to which she's called
- Amy Frykholm: Why is Safeway throwing out good produce? (subscription required)
- David Warkentin imagines if the Bible were still being written
- J. Milburn Thompson reviews Patricia Lamoureux and Paul Wadell's new book on moral theology (subscription required)
Links from elsewhere:
- Cutting unemployment benefits is cruel, and it makes no economic sense.
- Dean Baker's case for work sharing as the answer to the toxic combination of high unemployment and political barriers to stimulus.
- The incomparable Texas Monthly on how not to write about Rick Perry and Texas politics
- Sustainable food doesn't have to be elitist: Pigs edition