New today from the Century:
- Barbara Brown Taylor proposes a biblical mystery tour
- Robert McDowell offers what Bill Hybels should have said in response to accusations that Willow Creek is antigay
- Emlynn Ott blogs the lectionary
- Steve Vineberg briefly reviews Michael Winterbottom's The Trip, with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon
In the news:
- Got questions about Islam? Hotline has answers
- Black Baptists decry 'disrespect' directed at Obama
- Tutu: lingering effects of apartheid include "self-hate"
Links from elsewhere:
- Warren Buffett says that higher taxes don't discourage rich people from investing money. He should know.
- The rich are not monolithic, and some of them would actually benefit from more progressive public policy.
- Erica Grieder offers an alternate take on Rick Perry.
- If the president defends liberalism and no one listens, does it matter?