New today from the Century:
- Richard Mouw on Christian engagement with public life (subscription required)
- My take on studying theology with the make-it-relevant-to-ministry crowd
- Richie Hoffman's poem "After Psalm Eight"
In the news:
- Tutu: lingering effects of apartheid include "self-hate"
- Quran-burning pastor plans 9/11 visit to Ground Zero
- Church leaders seek long-term solutions to Horn of Africa food crisis
- Pastor renews call for database of clergy sex abuse
Links from elsewhere:
- Nancy Pelosi came to the rescue of the otherwise all-white-male super committee.
- Warren Throckmorton defends Willow Creek's behavior amid the Exodus International controversy
- Rob Weir lays into large humanities conference
- A conservative argument against the pledge of allegiance
- "What is it about terminating half a twin pregnancy that seems more controversial than...aborting a single fetus?"
- The "submissive wife" question at last night's debate was a legitimate one.
- Paul Krugman's writing tips for academics seeking general readers