New today from the Century:
- Amy Frykholm interviews Syrian Orthodox leader Cyril Karim: "On my first visit to the United States, someone asked when I converted to Christianity. I told him 2,000 years ago." (subscription required)
- Melissa Florer-Bixler on reading Yoder through his victims' eyes
- Michael DeJonge reviews Bonhoeffer the Assassin?: "All Bonhoeffer scholarship recognizes his advocacy for nonviolence. Some goes farther, arguing that this was an overriding commitment that trumped all others."
- Steve Thorngate on lectionaries common and rare
- Thorngate on the shutdown's losers
In the news: