Subscribe by RSS feed: magazine, blogs, news. See all feeds.
New today (and Friday) from the Century:
- Jesse James DeConto on first-call church planters: "Emily Scott had an idea: what if young adults got together for a weekly agape feast? Soon St. Lydia’s was born--but Scott was not ordained."
- Rodney Clapp laments the demise of bookstores:"My wife and I used to visit a bookstore at least once a week. We can’t anymore, unless we drive 20 minutes to the now nearest one." (subscription required)
- Matthew Avery Sutton reviews Jay Rubenstein's book on the First Crusade: "Jay Rubenstein offers a lively and well-researched history of the First Crusade. He has a gift for making thousand-year-old history both exciting and relevant." (subscription required)
- Theresa Cho on Solomon, babies and presbytery meetings
- Ryan Dueck on deserving a happy ending
- Dean Lueking blogs the lectionary
- "A shimmer of something," a poem by Brian Doyle
In the news: