New today from the Century:
- The editors on the Trayvon Martin case: "The verdict in the Trayvon Martin case shows that a trial can be fair as far as the law goes, while the nation falls far short of offering justice to all."
- Julie Ruth Harley on living with ALS: "At 52 I was lead pastor of a large, vibrant church. Then I was diagnosed with ALS, and I began to call on my faith community in a new way." (subscription required)
- Lee Hull Moses on the Disciples general assembly and sexuality
- Aaron Klink reviews Eric Cassell: "Cassell reminds us that people experience sickness in profoundly individual ways. Physicians should learn to heal patients even when they cannot cure their diseases. " (subscription required)
- Steve Thorngate on the farm bill and food stamps