Here are some things I read recently but didn't get around to blogging about:
- A prayer for Hurricane Sandy
- The NYT takes a rosy view of the mallification of Hyde Park, my old neighborhood.
- Want a more substantive Obama-Romney debate on energy and climate? Read this.
- 20 Honest Names For Famous Toys
- Mitt Didn’t Ask for ‘Binders Full of Women,’ But He Should Have.
- For the first time, the gender gap is bigger than the God gap.
- Very smart piece on abortion politics by Michael Peppard.
- "No, really, blessed are the poor."
- xkcd on electoral precedent
- End the town-hall debate.
- Less Hypermodernist Objectivism, More Affect!
- If you're not willing to give poor kids good schools, you can always drug them instead.
- "The sheet calling the rice white."
- Texts From Little Women
- Is emergency room care actually a great deal?
- The tyranny of tasting menus.
- The Kissing Sailor, or “The Selective Blindness of Rape Culture”