My most popular blog posts of the year
Hey, thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. Here are the ten posts that you/others read the most this year:
- "Are foodies gluttons?" Spoiler: no.
- "'Read my lips: No more sermons.'" That's a double set of quote marks there--most decidedly not my own words.
- "The good old hymns defined." Somehow I grew up with a firm church-musical foundation but never heard "How firm a foundation." Weird.
- "How to talk about the rapture that didn't happen?" Should we feel bad about making jokes about it?
- "Why don't conservatives like AmeriCorps?" Volunteerism, hard work, "Ameri," "Corps." What's not to like?
- "Varieties of end-times believers." As a kid I expected the rapture, but I didn't circle a day on the calendar.
- "About that MLK quote." Social media and misattributions.
- "About Boehner's speech." Less popular: "About my boring headlines."
- "Wisconsin's fight over unions' right to exist." We were all Wisconsinites back in February. I was also one for the first 17 years of my life.
- "Are the chips and soda what's offensive [about the Doritos Super Bowl ad]?" Not to me, but definitely to some commenters.
Happy new year, all.