New today from the Century:
- Kathleen Hirsch on Advent with a toddler: "I decided our family's
Christmas would be simple and spirit-centered. Green to parenting, I
defined spiritual as anything that allowed me a minute to reflect on what, beyond the laundry, mattered." (subscription required)
- Beverly Roberts Gaventa's seven-word gospel: "In Christ, God's 'yes' defeats our 'no'."
- Steve Thorngate on the Democrats' improved bargaining position over the federal budget: "As ineffectual as Congress is, there’s one time you can count on it to
rise above do-nothing-ness: when it’s approaching the can it kicked down
the road earlier."
- Robin Lovin reviews Amos Yong: "Pentecostalism expanded from a small
revival movement to a global presence comparable in its extent and
variety to Roman Catholicism or Anglicanism. Yet few people in
mainstream U.S. churches know much about it." (subscription required)
- Adam Copeland raises some questions about Thanksgiving: "Giving thanks...to whom? Giving thanks....for what?"