New today from the Century:
- The editors on Occupy Wall Street: "Whatever its explicit message, Occupy Wall Street has made a powerful statement with its very mode of existence."
- Rick Santorum needs to brush up on his Catholic social teaching.
- Ken Carter on why congregations need denominations: "We are not always at our best, taking into account
our temptation to turn in upon ourselves (and the reformers defined sin
in this way) and the complexity of creating and sustaining community."
- I briefly review Kate & Anna McGarrigle's new box set
In the news:
- Report says tithing, church spending hit record low
- Anti-gay post on teacher's Facebook page stirs firestorm
- The new face of American poverty is often a child's
- Gallup Poll: 35 percent oppose death penalty
- Accident silences an outspoken Catholic voice
Links from elsewhere: