9/11: Ten years later
To mark the anniversary of 9/11, we asked five Century contributors to reflect on the attacks and the decade that followed. Here are their responses:
- Scott Bader-Saye, a teacher at the Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest and author of Following Jesus in a Culture of Fear
- Michael Lindvall, pastor of the Brick Presbyterian Church in New York; his books include The Good News from North Haven
- Stephen Paul Bouman, executive director of Evangelical Outreach and Congregational Mission for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and author of Grace All Around Us: Embracing God's Promise in Tragedy and Loss
- Robin Lovin, professor of ethics at Southern Methodist University, who recently wrote Christian Realism and the New Realities
- John Paul Lederach, professor of international peacebuilding at the University of Notre Dame and author of The Moral Imagination: The Art and Soul of Building Peace
This article appears in the Aug 23, 2011 issue.