Guides for God Complex
I’ve been working with God Complex Radio for over four years now. We have interviewed some of the most insightful thinkers of our time. The readings and conversations never cease to nurture me in my preaching and writing. Although I’m regularly told that our conversations make long commutes and housework drudgery bearable, Derrick Weston, Rob Dyer and I have wanted to see these interviews used in some different contexts. We imagined that people could use them in a Sunday school classroom (I’ve used them there). Or, people could gather on Facebook or Google Hangout to discuss them.
So we were excited that Isabella Blanchard, an intern at Virginia Theological Seminary’s Center for the Ministry of Teaching, worked to develop a series of Study Guides for several God Complex Radio episodes. She highlighted many of our favorite episodes and made them available as downloadable PDFs.
Isabella includes information on the guest, a description of suggested learners, an outline of the interview, and additional reflection questions. She developed guides for our interviews with
- Edward J. Blum on Race, History and Christ
- Ruth Everhart on the Holy Land
- Amy Blumenshine on Veterans and Healing
- Lia Scholl on Sex Workers
- D. Mark Davis on Left-Behind Theology
- David H. Jensen on Christianity and Sexuality
- Rick Ufford-Chase on Faith and Human Rights
- Cameron Trimble on Church Renewal