Subscribe by RSS feed: magazine, blog, news, link blog. See all feeds.
New this week from the Century:
- Our third "ministry in the 21st century" interview: "'It doesn't happen every day,' says Kevin J. Long of Orchard Park
Presbyterian Church in suburban Indianapolis. 'But it is thrilling to
see someone begin to grasp the good news of Jesus Christ.'" (subscription required)
- Debra Bendis reviews Charles Davidson's new van Gogh book: "With the empathy of a
pastor, Davidson leans into the torment of this man who yearned to follow
Christ but met discouragement and alienation at every turn."
- I demonstrate American Public Media's "All-Organ-Blast-N-Make-Younger-Machine."
- John Petrakis reviews Another Earth, "a Sundance darling that has gained attention by word of mouth, follows
the latest cinematic trend by combining both genres into one mysterious,
if uneven, film." (subscription required)
In the news:
- Catholics warn of 'national conflict' over gay marriage
- Mouw hopes for compromise, connections in PCUSA future
- Evangelicals line up behind Rick Perry
- Poll finds evangelicals stand apart on evolution, climate change
- Religious dialogue helped release of U.S. hikers in Iran
Links from elsewhere:
- The state killed two men; we only cared for one.
- Elizabeth Warren explains the basics on taxes and the role of government
- The Catholic diocese of Phoenix is pushing bread-only communion.
- Worst graph of the year