New today from the Century:
- The editors on the budget deal and the House Speaker: "The budget deal was no grand bargain, but there was one grand outcome: the House Speaker stood up to the insurgent right. Is this the new normal?"
- Amy Frykholm on hosting her first Las Posadas celebration
- John Buchanan on keeping Christmas: "The miracle of love is that the more you love, the more alive you are. Keeping Christmas is believing in the transforming power of love."
- Carol Howard Merritt's tips for writers working within a denomination
- A brief review of April Yamasaki