New today from the Century:
- Rachel Marie Stone reviews David Rakoff: "It's easy to write off Rakoff's novel in verse as a cliché. But he was master enough of his craft that his rhymes lapse into doggerel only when he chooses."
- Carol Howard Merritt on the image of God and the little pink pill: "Where is the other faith narrative about birth control? Where are the voices that remind us that women are made in the image of God, whether they are joined with a man or not?"
- Daniel Harrell blogs the lectionary
- "Glacier Park in August: Grinnell Lake," a poem by Lisa Dahill
- A brief review of Yale UP's new anthology of devotional poetry