New today from the Century:
- Roger Thurow on hungry farmers in Africa: "The developed world's negligence has produced one of Africa's cruelest ironies: its farmers are its hungriest people." (subscription required)
- Amy Frykholm on the G8 and food: "At the 2009 G8 conference, $22 billion was pledged to agricultural development and food security. This year it was only $3 billion." (subscription required)
- Tobias Winright on life after the Troubles: "On vacation with our daughters, my wife and I felt nervous upon realizing we'd be staying in Portrush, Northern Ireland on the 12th of July."
- Jason Byassee on Game of Thrones (subscription required)
- Steve Thorngate on Woody Guthrie's 100th birthday
- Jennifer Moland-Kovash blogs the lectionary