New today (and yesterday) from the Century:
- The editors on the public obsession with Obama and Romney: "The primary problem with American political culture is that almost all of our scrutiny goes to the human beings running for president."
- John Burgess on Pussy Riot: "Pussy Riot became a cause célèbre for the Russian opposition and its Western supporters. Many Russian Orthodox believers see things differently. " (subscription required)
- David Heim on Hannah Rosin's article on gender roles and the economy
- Brant Copeland's lectionary column for Sunday, September 30 (subscription required)
- Copeland's blog post for this Sunday, the 23rd
- "Dancing in the Cathedral," a poem by Luci Shaw
In the news: