New today (and yesterday) from the Century:
- We now offer four-week online subscriptions for $4.95. Includes access to 12 years and counting of online archives.
- The editors on Violence Against Women Act reauthorization: "The question isn't whether the new provisions in the Senate VAWA bill are politically motivated. It's whether the provisions are good ones."
- John Buchanan on Senator Lugar: "Richard Lugar symbolizes something great but fragile about the American system of government: it relies on partisanship tempered by wisdom." (subscription required)
- Carol Howard Merritt on surviving the economic crisis:
- Steve Thorngate on a disingenous ad from the Obama campaign
- John Petrakis reviews I Wish and Moonrise Kingdom (subscription required)
In the news: