New today from the Century:
- Paul Dafydd Jones on why we can hope everyone will be saved: "God's 'consuming fire' is the fire of holy love. It doesn't await sinners in the future; it burns up sin itself." (subscription required)
- Amy Frykholm reviews Steven Pinker: "Steven Pinker says human beings are becoming less violent. But his larger point seems to be that everyone should think like he does." (subscription required)
- Nadia Bolz-Weber blogs the lectionary: "When we are fearful or angry we feel as though God has abandoned us, or at least fallen asleep on a comfy cushion. We assume God has fallen down on the job."
- Wayne Stacy on John the Baptist's (possible) bones
In the news:
- Evangelical group proposes code of ethics for pastors
- Can conservatives overcome Washington's secular bent to ban gay marriage?
- Catholic hospitals reject Obama's birth control compromise
- Entrepreneur sees hope for clean water on Wal-Mart shelves
- Forced abortion in China prompts outrage, calls for reform