New today (and yesterday) from the Century:
- Linda Mercadante on the spiritual but not religious: "It’s tempting to dismiss SBNRs as salad-bar spiritualists concerned primarily with themselves. But many assumptions about this group are off target." (subscription required)
- The editors on diet and public health: "Eliminating food deserts isn’t enough. The nation’s diet problem calls for sustained community attention--and better federal policy."
- Rodny Clapp on life after life after death: "While Christian scholars have long questioned body-soul dualism, it remains common in church circles. This may finally be changing."
- Ryan Dueck on people who need money and people who judge them
- Amy Frykholm on talking about incarceration
- Lois Huey-Heck on a piece of graffiti art (subscription required)
- Steve Thorngate learns to love Jesusy love songs
In the news: