Sep 30, 2011 by Steve Thorngate
New today from the Century:
- Andrew Root reviews Christian Smith's book on young adults: "Christian Smith offers a way between the idea that young adults are the great hope of our nation and the idea that they are crazed idiots." (subscription required)
- I discuss the Smiley-West-Obama situation: "Ego issues aside, one can think of far worse things Smiley and West could do with their celebrity than go on the road to drum up support for fighting poverty, a word most elected officials simply talk around."
- Dora Dueck considers the merciful and their blessedness: "This is a challenge for me, and I think it’s a challenge for the church. What challenges me is the notion that I/we determine the wideness of the mercy given to me/us."
- Lil Copan looks at artwork by John Freeman (subscription required)
In the news:
- Pastor on restaurant quest can't live by bread alone
- Pentagon: Chaplains can celebrate gay marriages
- Pope meets with Russian Orthodox ecumenical officer
Links from elsewhere: